Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yes Mom

Normally, I say 'no' or "do you have the money to buy it?" or "If you still want it in 2 weeks we'll come back" to my children when they make their requests. Mostly because their sense of fun and fashion are more expensive than Damn Ramsey budget will allow.

But my husband is gone and can't stop me.

The natives are restless.

And I like having a little fun every decade or so.

The kids and I loaded up in the car in route to the closest indoor shopping mall. It's only 98 degrees with 1000% humidity so playing outside has a certain risk attached to it.

My kids laid eyes upon the huge indoor bungee Jump-O-Rama.




Oh happy day.

"Mom, can we please? I've always wanted to do that but the lines are always so long and there is ABSOLUTLY no one in line. Can we, Can we, Can we?"

Sure.

"What? Really?"


After the joy of jumping 30 feet into the air for 10 minutes and squeals of delight that could be heard from the food court we were off to the cowboy store.

I love the west. I googled "Wyoming ranches for sale" this morning.
75 results. I figured at least one can be mine someday I should start planning my wardrobe around it. (That last bit is a joke, I don't plan wardrobes, but my mom LOVES to so I threw that bit in there for her. Love you, Mom)

The kids picked out some new kicks.
Which they insist on wearing with athletic shorts.

Classy.

"Mom, can we get pretzels with mustard and lemon-aid while we watch the fish feeding at Bass Pro?" With big grins and cowboy boots upon their feet.

Sure.



"Oh mom, look at those Carmel apples. Have you ever had one?"

Yes, would you like one?

"Really? Can we?"





Sure.

"Mom you've never said yes this many times in a row before."

Once every 9 years the planets align and my wallet opens.



1 comment:

  1. Indulging in our kids desires is so fun to watch! Their little faces light up in disbelief! I wonder if that's what God sees in us when we get things we aren't expecting? Must be quite a view up there with all those kids down here! Love the post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input :)